Chris is a cardiologist who has trained in all aspects of cardiology with a sub-specialist in Interventional cardiology. He completed his training in Melbourne, Australia and furthermore completed a three-year post-graduate fellowship in Oxford, UK. He also specialises in complex percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Chris has written many international publications and is completing his research doctorate.
He has introduced the use of the latest techniques including Radial Artery Access angiography and stenting, intracoronary imaging with OCT and IVUS as well the Pressure Wire (FFR) technique to assess the individual coronary stenosis for ischaemia. These techniques have been deemed as revolutionary in the cardiac interventional diagnosis scheme.
The following services are provided by Chris:
- Assessment and management of the full spectrum of cardiac conditions
- Non-invasive investigations
- Cardiac catheterisation, coronary angiography, and a specialist in complex PCI
- Pioneer of Radial Artery Access procedures for angiograms and PCI in Victoria (helped introduce this technique to Epworth Eastern, using the artery in the wrist compared to the groin. Much lower risk of vascular complications, and much improved patient comfort compared to femoral artery access).
- Pioneer of Drug Eluting Balloon Angioplasty (Performed the first drug eluting balloon angioplasty in an Epworth Hospital in Melbourne)
- Pioneer of the Pressure Wire (FFR/Fractional Flow Reserve) to distinguish stenoses that need PCI and those that can be safely managed conservatively. (Performed the first pressure wire procedure in Epworth Eastern)
- Emergency PCI for treatment of acute myocardial infarction
Chris is multilingual and fluent in languages other than English including: Mandarin, Cantonese, Fujian, Malay/Bahasa
MBBSFRACP- University of Melbourne 2000
Post Graduate Fellowship: 2008–2010 John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford UK
Public Hospital Appointment: Staff Specialist at The Northern Hospital
Private Hospitals: Various hospitals including On-Call Cardiologist and Weekly Cath Lab Sessions at the Epworth Eastern Hospital, Box Hill.